What do you like most about Gwen ?

Talent/Achievements
3 (37.5%)
Looks
0 (0%)
Personality
5 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: What do you like most about Gwen ?  (Read 7416 times)

PrisonerFace

• I want to fill my glass up with you constantly
    • View Profile
What do you like most about Gwen ?
« on: June 06, 2008, 01:14:27 PM »
I am fascinated in what other people think about Gwen I love everything about her. She is close to perfect. But her best feature is her personality - friendly,zany,loyal,modest.

:-* :-*

NoDoubtsAngel

Re: What do you like most about Gwen ?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 09:42:15 PM »
I like her personality. She's funny. I also like her looks.

LivingAPlatinumBlondeLife

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 08:07:39 PM »
I voted talents and achievements because without them I wouldn't know who she was. Then probably 2nd I'd say personality because she seems so amazing and lastly looks even though I do think she's absolutely beautiful it's always personality and talents that I admire first in any person. 

Avatar and Signature made by LucyInTheSky - Thanks!

Hellartificial

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 02:59:03 PM »
I voted for her personality, which I really find to be extremely down to hearth.

I always liked her looks though, but I didn't vote for the looks nor the accomplishments since my respect toward gwen was shaken since she left ND and pursued the career which was genuinely a commercial success, but I personally didn't like it and it constantly looked like she tried to achieve something she could never have (they got her really good at "Video On Trial" for Wind it up, Now that you got it and Sweet escape, which pretty much says it all).

I can't accept that she became a mocking target... She should have never let herself become one. Those people are way below her.

PrisonerFace

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 03:52:26 PM »
Gwen may be a mocking target but she doesn't deserve it. She is inventive and original so there will always be people who don't understand and therefore mock.

Gwen may not be a boffin but her lyrics show that she is very bright. I think some people are intimidated by that.

I do not find her solo videos at all embarrassing except for when she is dressed as a nun. I don't think that works.

I was a bit disheartened to hear that she is closer to Gavin after her 2nd pregnancy. I was kind of hoping that she would spend the rest of her life with me! I love her so much it hurts.

Hellartificial

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 11:06:50 AM »
Yes, she definitely doesn't deserve it. But those people did mock her, and I was sad to see her video "Now that you got it" being laughed at.

Well, her solo career is a discussion which will I think forever arouse debates and polemics, no matter what happens. I think it's all because people just can't accept the new Gwen.

I definitely don't know anything smart to say... any argument that would bring in sense to what I want to say. But, last night I watched couple of good ol' ND videos like Sunday Morning ... And I realized how badly I miss the old gwen, who was much more close to normal people... Who looked like a girl next door but with something zany, extraordinary and special about her - whether it was her looks, voice, personality...

I fully support Gwen, in whatever she does, but the solo career just didn't work for me, and I couldn't find myself in her lyrics, music, videos... The shift from the ND sound was huge ... I just can't deal with that.

But I hope she's enjoying what she does, I really do. After all, it's her life, not mine, I shouldn't be the one trying to shift her back.

PrisonerFace

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 03:56:33 PM »
I agree. I think most of us prefer ND Gwen and hope to see more in the future.
Whilst I enjoy Gwen's solo recordings, I do not think I would ever go to a solo concert as I do not find the shows or songs interesting enough. In contrast, I could easily go to every night of a ND year-long world tour without getting bored.

BUT
1) I only got to find out who Gwen was via the solo stuff. As I have said before ND are not well-known in the UK and get virtually no air-time. They passed me by.

2) I still think the solo recording are good music. She has not sold out rather tried something else (and been successful artistically). Lots of acclaimed artists/bands, have sold out, in my opinion. These include ND favourites such as Madness and The Specials (the later songs were quite weak pop rather than ska). Similarly,I could also mention The Police, The Clash, Queen, Spandau Ballet, Van Halen and I'm sure lots more.

3) Gwen started as a ska singer and was brilliant. She was also brilliant in rock music (the best female ever?) and now she is very good in pop. Just goes to show how fabulously talented she is.

I agree that I cannot find myself in her new lyrics. I am quite depressed, jealous, love-sick and she is happy. I almost wish that she was less happy and secure so that she could write more songs that I could relate to.

The good nes is that Gwen repeatedly says that she cannot wait to record the new ND album and tour again. So she has not changed for good.

Hellartificial

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 01:52:17 PM »
I see your point, and I must say that if I look at the situation again from the perspective as you put it, things aren't so bad. Just like you say, she can't wait for the new album so that must mean something.

Maybe Gwen never really was so much into ska -- it is known that Eric pushed her into the band, so probably the "old" gwen that we know wasn't so much "real" and "true", just one phase, like her solo stuff.

Yes, she's really talented. I don't know who else could have done so many different things, and still be successful and down to earth.

So you never heard for the band in UK ? I am guessing you were born in the late eighties, so you were probably young when the don't speak was out. Much of the newer stuff wasn't so "global", except maybe Hey Baby. I remember their Don't Speak video when I was 6-7, and Simple Kind of Life from later on, but I only got to be a fan since 2002. That seems so long ago now :)

PrisonerFace

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 04:13:11 PM »
Your wrong about my age. I was born in the sixties so I was old when Don't Speak hit the charts. However, I had already decided what music I liked and it rarely featured in the 80s/90s charts so I rarely listened to radio etc.
It was probably having kids which forced me to stay more current and helped me to 'find' Gwen.

Now I cannot imagine having lived without knowing her. She has changed my life and completely blown me away. If I had known about Gwen earlier I could never have got married. It is Gwen that I want to be my soulmate - she totally obsesses me.

I recently told my daughter that Eric Stefani worked on The Simpsons. Her comment was ' What a cool family. I was I was in that family'. My immediate thought was that I wished she was in that family as well through Gwen and I becoming one.

I am worried that I am not normal, that it is insane to be so in love with someone whom you have never met. I know that lots of male ND fans like/love Gwen but how strongly do they feel? I am curious to know.

*Big_Distraction*

• Your Obvious Companion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2009, 11:25:33 AM »
Where's the all of the above option?

Gwen is an awesome person. <3

PrisonerFace

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2009, 06:44:03 PM »
I agree Gwen is awesome. I like everything about her (except her choice of husband. Can it be me next time, Gwen?).
The point of this thread is that you have to choose one of the 3 and preferably give reasons.

*Big_Distraction*

• Your Obvious Companion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2009, 04:28:51 PM »
The point of this thread is that you have to choose one of the 3 and preferably give reasons.

I voted for talent. Her voice is great and is not like any other.

PrisonerFace

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2009, 04:11:27 PM »
I agree completely. Gwen is not the greatest singer but her style is unique. (Lots of singers sound similar to one-another.)

Gwen can also adapt to differnt styles - ballads (like Running, Always Blue), Ska (Aladdin/You Owe Me), Rock(Ex-Girlfriend/Comforting Lie).
And her range is good - very high in What You Waitng For, low in Dear John.

The omly singer that I think sounds remotely like Gwen is Nina Persson and she too is very different.

ndfan

• New
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2009, 07:47:34 AM »
I like everything. I voted for personality cause she can be funny at times.