Author Topic: about "it's my life"  (Read 5522 times)

Hellartificial

• View Profile
about "it's my life"
« on: October 10, 2008, 05:34:17 PM »
recently I watched the original version by talk talk on youtube, the video and everything... so I just decided to remember how the original sounds (because I really like it) and I became shocked to see how many negative no doubt comments there are...

they are mostly like "no doubt sucks for ruining this beautiful song", "gwen can't sing, she totally ruined it", etc.

I really don't understand it... it's not as if nd's version completely changed the original - in fact, it stayed rather true to it and changed it minimally. And Gwen vocals were perfect, as well as the video and everything. And ND did it purely as a tribute/homage because it was one of their favorite 80's hits... it's not fair that people greet them with such negative comments, I was truly shocked...

most people wouldn't even hear for the original in the first place if the nd hadn't covered it... it's really pointless.

what do you guys think about the whole IML phase of ND ?

Heather

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hot Pink Flamingo boutique
Re: about "it's my life"
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 09:58:50 AM »
If you ask me, No Doubt's version is 100x better than the original.  The original makes me gag some hehe.  As for the "ND sucks, Gwen can't sing..." comments, everyone has their opinion.  Too bad those ones are WRONG!  :)

Hellartificial

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 04:47:32 PM »
yeah ;) you're right about the opinions... I just can't understand how someone cannot stand ND... I'm like, ok, you don't have to be a fan of ND or anything, but to hate them... I don't see any reason for that - they never did any scandals, never bothered too much about gossips - just some of the things that make a shallow artist.
They always had a good, positive vibe, and gwen is just so adorable ... but oh well... tastes differ.

As for the IML, I like the cover, but the original has something special about it, probably the whole 80's vibe and everything.

LivingAPlatinumBlondeLife

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 08:41:42 AM »
I remember when it came out a kid in my class was talking about how the orignal was so much better but I really think that the No Doubt version is a million times better than the original.

Avatar and Signature made by LucyInTheSky - Thanks!

*Big_Distraction*

• Your Obvious Companion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 11:24:00 AM »
I like both versions of the song.

...but I like No Doubt's better.  :)