Author Topic: Adrian on loveline! 1-3  (Read 6092 times)

Cinderella Hope

• Tony Kanal's Girl
  • Just a Simple Kind of Life Girl
    • View Profile
    • Spaz Cat
Adrian on loveline! 1-3
« on: January 04, 2008, 01:56:50 AM »
Adrian is one loveline ... there are different online links to listen to the broadcast online http://www.lovelineshow.com/livestream

I started listening late, so no far no news on ND from what I've heard

for those that miss it I'm sure it will be online soon or on the podcast

Check out my new store --> Spaz Cat !!!
Follow us on Twitter.com/Spaz_Cat and Facebook

Cinderella Hope

• Tony Kanal's Girl
  • Just a Simple Kind of Life Girl
    • View Profile
    • Spaz Cat
Re: Adrian on loveline! 1-3
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 03:00:56 AM »
guitar center 4pm... signing and meeting and greeting. "Rounds forever" Adrian has 'orange county drums procussion" since 1992 ... they are making drums ... and expanding the chain. Adrian has Drum manufacturing company. Adrian talked about his golf game. He talked about working so hard at it but not achieving what he wanted to with his golf. He shoots in the 70s and sometimes the 60s ... he was bummed about his 77 today in a tornament despite the fact that he works so hard. Never met Tiger Woods.

He talked about the girls on the sidelines while golfing with the signs and margaritas, he goes over and drinks with them and gets 'warmed up.'

how did you get into ska and jamaica stuff?
high school and junior high, Adrian went to school in cyprus. "There was a wave of ska from britian. It was such a good time and intoxicating it comsumed us and it was our lives. It seemed like the best music, at least when I was 13."
"A new interpretation, a California interpretation. The bands from Europe and the two from California inspired ND"

Tragic kindgom almost wasn't put out there?

The first album commerically wasn't successful. It took us 2 1/2 years to make it (tk). Adrian talked about the unknown if it was going to ever get tk out. They all had normal jobs while in college. Adrian was a waiter as he mentioned.

Beacon street collection was a cheap album the band put together while they were waiting  for TK to come out. These were the tracks they knew the record labels wouldn't put out.

Adrian said how his 'practice' that paid off when he was 27 ... its hilarious but for over 21 people ...Tony Kanal and everyone laughed he even shared with Gwen the next day ... the rest of the band was telling the story about Adrian the following day in interviews and no one believe him (I really want to hear these interviews)

written songs, we will hear new music in 08 as claimed by the announcer

Adrian said how they are working on the new No Doubt album in downtown LA working in a bombshelter.

overall it was fun listening to Adrian give advice as always

Check out my new store --> Spaz Cat !!!
Follow us on Twitter.com/Spaz_Cat and Facebook